Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bacchanalia (cont. 2): Sleeping with Trees



I still can't sleep, despite being up all night already. I'm having ideas and insights that are flying, crawling, and tearing their way out of my psyche, through my fingers, and onto the innernette.

The infant morning light looks beautiful on the tree outside my window. I sleep with my head up to the window on the 3rd floor. This great pine tree climbs still higher above the roof of "The Neighbors' House" (Our House). I sleep with this great pine wrapping it's branches around the house literally a foot or two from my head.

I should really name this tree.



To me, this tree is now named, "Zachalia". This is a combination of "Zach" which is derived from "Zig-Zag" because there is a face in the bark that looks like the man's face on the Zig-Zag paper packs, combined with "alia" from Bacchanalia, which refers to the rebel-rousing orgies and drunken bouts of celebration that Bacchus (Dionysis in Greek) inspired in Roman Mythology.





Remind me to do a real, decent photo session on my room sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment