Sunday, February 8, 2009


It is now 7:35 Am. I have been awake since about 9pm yesterday when I was awakened from a brief evening nap by Brown who was actually in my house w/ Jomer after they had found their way in through an open door.

There are a lot of thoughts spiralling around in my head which beg to be organized, expressed, and shared. I have the will and the energy to express the thoughts and the creativity to think them, but we'll see if I retain the patience to organize them.

Brown just left in the newly born blue-gray morning, leaving me alone after a night of much bacchanalia. The "party" at Jay's turned out to be more of an extended psychedelic jam session with a variety of instruments and players including guitars, bass, synthesizers, theremin, a drum set and djembe. We then hung out and watched Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, and Xavier: Renegade Angel, a show which I have never fully watched, but totally exploded my brain with its Shakashuri Final Blowdown of multi-religious, sexual violent insanity. Brown and I came back and watched more crazy stuff and some Fantasia.

It was then that it occurred to me that Music and Comedy are a lot alike because they both involve setting up expectations in the audience and then either meeting those expectations or shattering them / changing them.

I tried to go see if Jing was awake to hang out with before I go to sleep. His light was on and music coming from the tv, so I peeked in the room, but he was asleep with something on the tv showing a guy in blue light laying down and the music was repeating "Lay me down, Lay me down, I lay me down..." over and over in a repetetive, sleepy and hypnotic sort of way, so I thought I would take the sign and try to sleep, but record the experience first.

No comments:

Post a Comment