Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stephen Colbert and Spider Powers



I'm in the middle of one of the most hectic days at work ever. We had 6 reservations for computers, several people wanting me to help with video editing simultaneously, 5 workshops involving set up and tear down of laptops, AND the Chief Information Officer coming for a meeting. This woman is basically the commander in chief of all the technology based departments at OSU: TELR, OIT, and the OSU email and buckeyelink, carmen... She's a powerful woman who used to work for Victoria's secret. We cleaned everything up all nice for her, then she rushed through to the video conference room like a brisk winter wind without so much as a glance.

Last night, during my 2 hours of sleep on Anna's couch, I dreamt that there was a big spider that was the size of the palm of my hand with long spindly legs. It crawled around in my hand in a friendly manner. It made me a bit uncomfortable, but I knew that it liked me, so I let it do its thing. I think it layed eggs and had babies, because then I could shoot the baby spiders on webs out of my fingers at will.

I also met Stephen Colbert at the roller rink. We were rollerskating together. I had him sign my copy of "I am America, and so can You" I need to read more of that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment