Friday, February 6, 2009

Beaker's Daughter



It is 5:30 pm, and I just woke up in a cold sweat from a feverish mid-evening nap in which I had an interesting dream:

I was back in my old highschool in North Royalton. There was a girl who liked me. We were walking through the halls together. She was tall, pretty, and had semi-dark skin like she had some middle-eastern blood in her. She was confident and quick in her stride. I also found out that she was the daughter of my long-time yoga instructor, Beaker. I like Beaker a lot, and she is very genuine and knowledgeable about a lot of subjects, so I was excited to get to know this girl.

I was embarrassed that I couldn't remember her name. I asked her if it was "Bethany". She said, "No, my name is Rajamadrash." or something similar. She might have told me it was Bethany earlier to avoid confusion, but now telling me her real name was a sign of trust.

We were entering a play in the auditorium when I noticed one of the gym teachers searching my bag. He didn't find any contraband, so I was happy, and we hung out there for a while. Later, I had my bag open again to grab my water, and I noticed the teacher searching it again, he pulled out my pill bottle with several very large blue and red pills of different sizes and shapes with no prescription information on the bottle. He pulled out a handful of pills and started making some sarcastic comment about how I had stuff to keep you awake, make you sleepy, etc. He may have also found some marijuana paraphernalia in the bag. I nervously asked, "Ok, so is this, like, Kick Alex out time now?" I was really embarrassed that I was getting busted in front of Rajamadrash. He replied, "No, but you have to go down to Mr. So-and-So's office and get the drug charges filed." He gave me back my bag and we walked away. I felt like a loser in Rajamadrash's eyes, because I didn't know if she was anti-drug or what. Then it occurred to me that I could just leave because I didn't even go to that school anymore, "Hell, I graduated college already, I'm out."

I woke up.

I just read that NR High School doesn't have buses anymore because the townies refused to pass the levy. All the students (+1600) have to drive or be dropped off and picked up everyday. At least the greedy, rich old people without kids don't have to pay an extra dollar or 2 on their taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment